* Currently not accepting new applications
If you are interested in mentoring, please sign up to our newsletter where mentoring opportunities will be advertised when they become available
Based at: A Luminary Bakery Cafe or mutually agreed meeting location.
Reports to: Sarah Daly, Opportunities Coordinator
Hours: We expect mentors to connect with their mentees for a minimum of 1x hour a month and a maximum of 3x hours a month, for 6 months duration.
Salary: This is a voluntary position.
- This involves being paired with one of our graduates, who is looking to start her career. The aim is to give individual guidance with venturing into the working world or entrepreneurship and an inspirational role model to ask the right questions / support them along the way. Each mentee will have completed a course with Luminary and will have ongoing support from the staff here. The benefit of pairing individuals with mentors is that they have a chance to discuss their goals in more detail with a woman in the professional realm who is solely there to support and encourage them.
- We expect mentors to connect with their mentees for a minimum of 1x hour a month and a maximum of 3x hours a month, for 6 months duration. This can be in person at a mutually convenient time and location, agreed with your mentee at the start, or via phone/skype. After each session the mentor will need to fill in a short debrief form so Luminary can monitor the progress.
- We do not expect mentors to have all the answers, but we do expect them to draw on their own experience, and where an area of knowledge is missing, seek to find somewhere or someone the mentee can go to for specific advice.
- Be female
- Commit to the allocated meeting times for 6 months
- Have employment or business experience to draw upon
- Have an understanding and non judgmental approach
- Be able to balance being challenging, yet kind & supportive to mentees
- Agree to the code of conduct attached
- Have a clear sense of professional boundaries
- Have a good support system in place for your own needs
- Attend mandatory training evening prior to commencing the programme
Link to full application will become available when we are accepting new applications.