Barista roles at luminary bakery
Deadline for applications 10th August 2021. Please send all applications to email@example.com.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual who is willing to go the extra mile in customer service and in assisting our Baristas and Supervisors on shift at either of our locations. We’re looking for someone who learns the everyday running of our cafe and who can bring a positive energy and can-do attitude to the role and the wider team! We need someone who is reliable and committed to learn all opening, closing and customer service procedure in a fast speed environment to be able to quickly ramp up to do shifts covering the leave of cafe manager and supervisor, which also means being available to do anywhere between 0H - 40H according to the needs of the team.
Job Title: Cafe Barista
Based in: 71-73 Allen Road, London, N16 8RY or 47 Chalk Farm, London, NW1 8AJ
Reports to: Cafe Manager
Hours: Contracted on a cover basis as and when required
Salary: £11.19 p/h
Job Purpose: As part of the Cafe team, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality coffee, serving excellent food/drink/service, building community and positive atmosphere while assisting the Baristas and cafe manager in maintaining a great working culture. Overall, helping to maintain a welcoming environment in look, feel, cleanliness & safety.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Providing consistently quality beverages and products for all customers by closely following cafe recipes and procedures
Ensuring customer-centred service by:
- welcoming and connecting with every customer
- remaining calm and positive
- responding to customer needs
- explaining any service delays
- Follow health, safety and food hygiene standards and guidelines at all times, including COVID-19 procedures & risk assessments
- Using initiative to ensure the cafe, back kitchen and stock room is always clean, organised, efficient & improving.
Following cafe policies and procedures for:
- Merchandising, ordering, restocking, rotating and storing of products and supplies
- Cleaning duties in all areas of operation
- Personal appearance, professionalism, customer service, communication and teamwork
- Making an effort to learn about the cafe industry and local community demands, to better address customer questions and inquiries, and to learn and grow in personal coffee knowledge
- Being willing to undertake administrative or organisational back-of-house tasks at the request of the cafe supervisor and manager.
- Serving drinks and building positive rapport with customers
- Working to a high standard in a fast paced environment with attention to detail
- Learning & confidently performing alone the opening, closing & COVID-19 safety procedures in the absence of manager and supervisor
- Being able to commit and be reliable to the scheduled hours, knowing that they might change from one week to the other
Job Requirements and Abilities
- Positive attitude and able to be proactive in the workplace
- Willing to confidently learn Barista skills and food preparation and be able to take responsibility for the constant quality of our products served
- Committed to giving customers a positive experience of our cafe!
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in a fast paced environment
- Ability to switch between cafe roles, food prep, cleaning, till and drinks
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to maintain a positive morale and professional attitude as part of the team
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Desire to help the cafe to continue to grow
- Clean and organised (able to clean as they go)
- Confident when conversing with customers and delivering service
- All above while being able to monitor all the cafe spaces and ensure safety & health procedures are being followed by all customers
- Barista skills (e.g. latte art)
- Experience working in a retail, cafe or customer facing environment
- Level 2 Food and Hygiene Safety Certificate
Perks and Incentives
- Free barista coffee each shift
- 20% discount off all food & drink plus a Family & Friends discount
- 10% discount off online purchases (celebration cakes & merchandise)
- Regular opportunities for training and professional development
- Quarterly reflection days where possible
- Long-term service rewards including merchandise, vouchers, increased holiday and free cake!
- Opportunity to be part of our Luminary ‘Sister Scheme’, pairing you with one of our Luminary graduates working on team, helping to be a role model and friend as she takes her first steps in the working world
- Opportunities to be involved in Press at Luminary