This is a great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about the positive impact that baking and food can have on people’s lives. We are looking for someone who’s had experience in working in a production kitchen, batch baking and producing at speed. With the recent launch of our second bakery this is an exciting chance to be part of a growing company that is having a tangible impact on women’s lives.
Job Title: Cover Baker
Based in: 71-73 Allen Road, Stoke Newington, Hackney N16 8RY and 47 Chalk Farm Rd, London, NW1 8AJ
Reports to: Head Baker
Hours: Contracted on a cover basis as and when required
Salary: £10.82 per hour
Job Purpose: Producing artisan baked goods, working in close proximity with the Head Baker and the rest of the bakery team, to both grow our baked goods offering, and to ensure ‘excellence’ is consistently reflected in every baked good created and sold
- Assisting the Head Baker & rest of the bakery team in producing the baked goods that are needed each day, on time and on schedule, ensuring daily production targets are met
- Baking, icing & decorating celebration cakes, baking and preparing event or bespoke orders and batch baking traybakes, layer cakes and cookies, amongst others
- Supporting the Head Baker & rest of the bakery team in running an efficient and well-run kitchen
- Ensuring that every product that leaves the bakery is to the highest quality and standard
- Assisting the Head Baker & bakery team with packaging customer orders.
- Maintaining food hygiene and safety standards as per company policy.
- Any other tasks that the Head Baker and Assistant Head Baker might require.
- At least 1 year of experience in a professional bakery
- Ability to bake top quality products that are uniform and consistent
- Able to confidently manage themselves on shift and use initiative in helping our bakery run smoothly and efficiently
- Assisting the bakery team with packaging orders
- Works well in a high-paced, sometimes demanding environment
- Organised, good at time-keeping and working to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding & supportive of Luminary and its social aims and vision
- Understanding of the Luminary Faith Policy and supportive of the organisational values
- A good team player
- Experience baking, icing & decorating celebration and wedding cakes
- Experience working with disadvantaged individuals or groups
- Experience teaching or training in a kitchen
- Free barista coffee each shift
- 20% discount off all food & drink plus a Family & Friends discount
- 10% discount off online purchases (celebration cakes & merchandise)
- Regular opportunities for training and professional development
- Quarterly reflection days where possible
- Long-term service rewards including merchandise, vouchers, increased holiday and free cake!
- Opportunity to be part of our Luminary ‘Sister Scheme’, pairing you with one of our Luminary graduates working on team, helping to be a role model and friend as she takes her first steps in the working world
Please send all applications to email@example.com by close of play on Monday 3rd May.