Women's Involvement Champion
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is exclusively for Luminary Trainees, Graduates or those in the Alumni network. We’ll only be
welcoming applications from Luminary Trainees Graduates or those in the Alumni network. This role is
a part time position, with flexible working options available. This post is due to start as soon as possible.
Luminary wants to see women’s voices at the heart of our organisation - we want our growth and
development to be guided by the advice and recommendations of women in the Luminary network. This role
exists to champion women’s involvement in the decision making and direction of Luminary. For this reason, this
role is exclusively open to Luminary trainees, graduates or alumni - we’re looking for an Involvement Champion
to inspire others in the Luminary network to use their voice for change!
Job Title: Women's Involvement Champion
Based in: 47 Chalk Farm Rd, NW1 8AJ
Reports to: Opportunities Coordinator
Hours: 12 hours per week. Worked over two days. Flexible working options available.
Salary: £22,568 pro rata
Key Job Responsibilities
In partnership with the Programmes Manager, leading on women’s involvement and participation at
To support the Opportunities Coordinator in launching a peer mentoring pilot project at Luminary, including
offering peer support and supervision to those who train as peer mentors.
Working in partnership with Luminary’s leadership team to launch an Advisory Panel - a board of trainees,
graduates and alumni who will advise Luminary’s leadership in decision making. This will include
recruitment of panel members.
Chairing Luminary’s quarterly Advisory Panel Meeting. You’ll also coordinate this meeting, sending event
invites and reminders to panel members.
- Supporting Luminary’s leadership to integrate women’s recommendations into our organisation.
- Participating in the recruitment of new staff in key roles by being part of recruitment panels.
- Recording women’s involvement at Luminary within our monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Following & implementing Luminary Safeguarding Procedures
Working closely with Luminary’s Programme Manager to ensure targets are met and women’s
recommendations are being implemented.
Developing Luminary’s Alumni community - the Luminary network - including hosting events and
- Ensuring a trauma-informed approach to training, whilst championing our trainees at all times.
- Fulfilling any appropriate roles the Programmes Manager assigns relevant to this role, for example: joining recruitment panels, contributing to the employability and independence programme.
Job Requirements and Abilities
- Commitment to listening and learning from the experiences of others
- Passionate about sharing their own experience to enrich the progression of other women.
A commitment to making Luminary’s programmes more effective for women, with a dedication to seeing
women grow in employability and independence.
Ability to host and lead a meeting of Luminary trainees, graduates and alumni as the chair of the Advisory
Panel Meetings. As the chair, you’ll need to demonstrate confidence in sharing views and experiences in a
virtual call or in person meeting.
- Strong written & verbal communication (including drafting documents and writing professional emails).
- Competence and confidence in using IT systems, such a email and Word
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in public speaking to a group
- Highly organised with the administrative skills to launch new projects
- Committed to making change for women
- Sympathetic to the Luminary Faith Policy
- A champion of Luminary’s organisational values, embodying this in their work with women and team.
It is a requirement of this job role that the candidate is a Luminary trainee, graduate or in the alumni
- Awareness of and sensitivity to women’s experiences of trauma
- Experience of organising events and/or implementing new projects, through life or work experience
- Experience of hosting group activities in community groups
Perks and Incentives
- Free barista coffee each shift
- 20% discount off all food & drink plus a network & Friends discount
- 10% discount off online purchases (celebration cakes & merchandise)
- Regular opportunities for training and professional development
- Long-term service rewards including merchandise, vouchers, increased holiday and free cake!
- Free yoga/dance/mindfulness workshops where available from our partners
Wellness Action Plan developed to keep you healthy at work and quarterly workload capacity
assessments to sustain your wellbeing at work.
- Quarterly staff socials
- Opportunities to be involved in press coverage of Luminary
- External Supervision with a Qualified Therapist to reflect on your wellbeing at work