Job Title: Weekend Barista (weekend role)
Based in: 47 Chalk Farm Rd, London, NW1 8AJ (and occasionally at our Stoke Newington cafe if needed)
Reports to: Cafe Manager
Regular Hours : 8 hours per week (Saturdays) with the opportunity for more weekend hours
Contracted hours: 0 hours per week
Salary: £ 10.20 per hour
Job Purpose: To assist the Baristas, Supervisor and Cafe Manager in delivering excellent customer service and quality beverages/ cakes on the weekend at our new site in Camden. To assist the team in building community and positive atmosphere, maintaining a welcoming environment in look, feel and cleanliness.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Providing consistently quality beverages and products for all customers by closely following cafe recipes and procedures
- Supervising weekend shifts in our busy Camden Cafe
- Managing team on a weekend
- Ensuring customer-centered service by:
- welcoming and connecting with every customer
- remaining calm and positive
- responding to customer needs
- explaining any service delays
- Follow health, safety and food hygiene standards and guidelines at all times.
- Using initiative to ensure the cafe, back kitchen and stock room is always clean, organised and efficient.
- Following cafe policies and procedures for:
- Merchandising, ordering, restocking, rotating and storing of products and supplies-
- Cleaning duties in all areas of operation
- Personal appearance, professionalism, customer service, communication and teamwork
- Making an effort to learn about the cafe industry and local community demands, to better address customer questions and inquiries, and to learn and grow in personal coffee knowledge
- Being willing to undertake administrative or organisational back-of-house tasks at the request of the cafe Manager
- Serving drinks and building positive rapport with customers and team
- Working to a high standard in a fast paced environment
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who is keen to jump straight in on our weekend shifts and who is able to confidently welcome customers into our site at Chalk Farm in Camden . This role would suit someone who is confident in Cafe’s and is looking for work at the weekend in Coffee making and food service in our thriving cafe and with our brilliant team. The ideal candidate will be proactive in helping out in all areas of the cafe and keen to learn more about coffee, baking and customer service.
Job Requirements and Abilities:
- Positive attitude with an ability to be proactive in the workplace
- At least 2 years experience in hospitality (waitressing etc)
- Experience in Coffee artisan coffee (preferably a confident Barista)
- Latte art skills to a high standard
- Committed to giving customers a positive experience of our cafe!
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to switch between cafe roles, food prep, cleaning, till and drinks
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Taking responsibility for excellent and consistent food and drinks standards
- Ability to maintain a positive morale and professional attitude as part of the team
- Ability to work weekends
- Desire to help the cafe to continue to grow
- Clean and organised (able to clean as they go)
- Confident when conversing with customers and delivering service
- Great interpersonal skills and confident when communicating with the wider team
- Able to confidently manage themselves on shift and use initiative in helping our cafe run smoothly and efficiently!
- Food and Hygiene Safety Certificate
- Experience in food/coffee
Perks & Incentives:
- Free barista coffee each shift
- 20% discount off all food & drink plus family + friends discount
- 10% discount off online purchases (celebration cakes & merch)
- Free yoga/dance workshops where available from our partners
- Regular opportunities for training and professional development
- Quarterly staff socials
- Long-term service rewards including merch, vouchers, increased holiday and free cake!
- Opportunity to be part of our Luminary ‘Sister Scheme’, pairing you with one of our Luminary graduates working on team, helping to be a role model and friend as she takes her first steps in the working world