ABOUT THE ROLE
Luminary are aware of the need to invest in our team’s wellbeing, and as an organisation with a Christian ethos we recognise that many appreciate the opportunity to discuss faith holistically and/or have someone to pray with. This is a new role for Luminary, providing optional pastoral support for team - of all faiths and none, and spiritual guidance to team members who would like this specifically.
Salary: This is a voluntary position
Work Locations: Camden / Stoke Newington & working from home
Hours: Flexible - based on volunteer’s availability with the expectation of a minimum of 8 hours per month.
Duration: A minimum commitment for 12 months is required
Reports to: Luminary People & Culture Manager
- Provide regular time slots for team members to book 1-1 chaplaincy sessions for personal pastoral support, guidance and/or prayer.
- To facilitate 1-1 session sensitively, following the participant’s lead for what is appropriate to explore during these sessions - respecting if they decline the offer of prayer or disagree theologically for example.
- Where appropriate to support staff in meeting spiritual needs including recommending resources or to refer to local places of worship or appropriate counselling services (without prejudice).
- To take a person-centred approach to pastoral care, ensuring the sessions & suggestions meet the participant’s needs for spiritual nourishment & pastoral care.
- Facilitate or Lead monthly prayer/reflection times available to all teams which are accessible to all faiths or none (optional attendance).
- Lead creative initiatives for capturing prayer requests from the team, trainees or graduates of Luminary programmes and commit to praying for these circumstances.
- To commit to praying regularly for the work of Luminary.
- To work in line with the Luminary Faith Policy at all times, respecting all world views.
- To follow all other Luminary policies, including the safeguarding process for reporting any safeguarding concerns identified, and signposting to Management where workplace issues for the participant need addressing.
- To keep appropriate confidential records of chaplaincy sessions in line with our GDPR policy.
- Due to the role responsibilities, it is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that this person is female, and holds an active Christian faith.
- Compassionate, approachable & empathic individual.
- Christian Chaplaincy Qualification or Ministry Training.
- An open-minded approach to faith expressions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Personable and patient.
- Organised with record-keeping & time-keeping.
- Flexible and able to accommodate change as Luminary grows.
- Passionate about using their skills to further the Luminary mission and confident working in a social impact-focused environment.
- Right to work or volunteer in the UK.
- Lived-experience of disadvantage and/or gender-based violence.
- Free Barista coffee every shift.
- 20% discount off all food and drink, plus family and friends discount.
- Wellness Action Plan developed to keep you healthy at work.
- Opportunities to be involved in press coverage of Luminary.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Thank you for your interest in working at Luminary Limited.
By registering your interest for this voluntary position, we invite you to be a part of this dynamic project changing women’s lives, supporting and empowering them to build their futures.
This post is to start immediately.
We are committed to building a diverse team, so encourage interest from people with diverse backgrounds - particularly Minority Ethnic groups.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please note that, whilst we appreciate all interest in our work, due to capacity constraints we are only able to respond to applications of individuals invited to interview. Thank you for your understanding.