Are you interested in using your finance background to support the work of our social enterprise & charity?
Are you keen to give back and get an insight into the inner workings of a social enterprise?
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper who is familiar with bookkeeping software (Quickbooks/Receiptbank) to assist our Finance Department with regular financial tasks to keep the Luminary operations running smoothly.
Salary: This is a voluntary position
Work Locations: Camden / Stoke Newington & working from home
Reports to: Luminary Finance Director
Checking receipts have been recorded for expense claims.
Posting monthly revenue and cost journals.
Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner.
Providing variance analysis on actuals to the teams and following up on queries.
Help the accountants out with VAT returns and year end accounts.
Ensuring training & guides are available for the team to follow financial protocols.
- Driven and highly motivated with strong initiative.
- Bookkeeping experience from previous roles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Tech-savvy, proficient with Excel & bookkeeping software such as Quickbooks & Receiptbank.
- Personable and patient.
- Organised with record keeping, time-keeping, and communication.
- Hard working, diligent and able to learn quickly.
- Flexible and able to accommodate change as Luminary grows.
- Right to work or volunteer in the UK.
- Experience of working in a Social Enterprise or charity sector.
- Lived-experience of disadvantage and/or gender based violence.
- Free Barista coffee every shift.
- 20% discount off all food and drink, plus family and friends discount.
- Wellness Action Plan developed to keep you healthy at work.
- Opportunities to be involved in press coverage of Luminary.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Thank you for your interest in working at Luminary Limited.
By registering your interest for this voluntary position, we invite you to be a part of this dynamic project changing women’s lives, supporting and empowering them to build their futures.
This post is to start immediately.
We are committed to building a diverse team, so encourage interest from people with diverse backgrounds - particularly Minority Ethnic groups.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please note that, whilst we appreciate all interest in our work, due to capacity constraints we are only able to respond to applications of individuals invited to interview. Thank you for your understanding.