Senior Artisan Baker
Please send all applications to email@example.com.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for somebody who loves the creativity and challenge of creating high-end, artisanal Wedding and Celebration Cakes and is looking for a way to develop their skills further through greater product and line management responsibilities. This role will be part of a fast-growing bakery and production team, so we are looking for people who are keen to be team-players and help build a happy and flourishing culture of work. If you are someone who would love to apply your technical skills and expertise and contribute to the Luminary mission in doing so, we would love to hear from you!
Job Title: Senior Artisan Baker
Based in: 47 Chalk Farm Rd, NW1 8AJ or 71-73 Allen Road, N16 8RY
Reports to: Head Baker (Production)
Hours: 40 hours per week, normally between 8am-4pm from Mondays to Fridays
Job Purpose: Being a key member of the Luminary bakery team and owning the quality and production of artisanal Luminary products: specifically Wedding Cakes and Celebration Cakes. This role will work closely with the Head Production Baker and Executive Head Baker to ensure that Luminary’s Wedding and Celebration Cakes product lines are consistently excellent, and that every Luminary product leaves the building at the highest possible standard.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supporting the team on site and the Head Production Baker in creating a happy and flourishing team of bakers
- To be able to cover and fulfil bakery orders across all business sales channels (corporate orders, café baked goods, consumer orders via the Luminary e-commerce store) but with a focus on owning the artisanal product line of Wedding Cakes and Celebration Cakes
- Ensuring the quality and excellence of all Luminary baked goods created on site, including brand consistency, product quality and food standards
- Training new team members in the Luminary house style, including how to decorate and produce Wedding and Celebration Cakes and other artisanal products
- Contribution to department planning and administration; including liaising with suppliers, ordering ingredients and scheduling team shifts
- New product development: including recipe creation for press and partners (most recently this has included opportunities with Waitrose and Ben & Jerry’s), as well as developing innovative new product ideas and strategies for in-house products
- Maintaining food hygiene and safety standards as per company policy and ensuring that the bakery team follow correct processes and procedures and have appropriate levels of training
- Leadership and line management responsibilities may become available within this role across the bakery team, including overseeing work experience and apprentice opportunities and management of full-time and part-time team members
- Any other tasks that the Executive Head Baker, Head Production Baker or broader leadership team may require
Job Requirements and Abilities
- At least three years of experience in a professional bakery or kitchen
- Ability to produce and decorate high-quality Celebration and Wedding Cakes
- Ability to oversee multiple priorities, manage a team and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle and lift items weighing between 0-50 pounds
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Experience working with disadvantaged individuals or groups
Perks and Incentives
- Regular opportunities for training, professional development and building a personal brand,
including the opportunity to be involved with national press and high-profile corporate partners
- Free barista coffee each shift
- 20% discount off all on-site food & drink, 10% discount off online purchases
- Opportunities to be involved in Press at Luminary