We are looking for an experienced HR professional to take on and shape this new role at Luminary, bringing in systems and processes to ensure our team are thriving. From practical duties such as onboarding, to implementing new software, to organising team socials and wellbeing activities, this is a varied role for a creative and passionate individual. You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation which has empowerment of women at its core, and work closely with senior leadership to develop our culture and set Luminary up for future growth.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Work Locations: Camden/Stoke Newington & Working from Home
Reports to: Luminary CEO
Employed by: Luminary Bakery Ltd (business) & contracted to Luminary Ltd (charity) for 2 days per week
- Providing leadership to all things People & Culture across both the Luminary charity & business.
- Working with Luminary leadership to ensure core values are embedded across the organisations.
- Responsible for onboarding & induction of new team members, ensuring all necessary paperwork and compliance is completed, setting up new team members with logins/systems, and that new team members feel equipped / welcomed.
- Responsible for providing additional onboarding support for women who are navigating the Universal Credit system and starting working at Luminary as their first ever job.
- Keeping on top of changes in law / best practice in Human Resources to keep Luminary compliant and leading best practice, particularly when it comes to creating employment opportunities that work for women (eg carers and mums, returners to work).
- Responsible for evaluating HR policies & systems, recommending improvements and implementing upon approval. Bringing relevant knowledge & expertise of systems to this role.
- Responsible for auditing / evaluating and shaping Luminary’s culture & diversity across both the entities. Ensuring people are valued, and that staff retention and job satisfaction is high - implementing ideas, processes and rhythms that create a great working culture.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and monitoring a monthly payroll procedure, including the utilization of back office reporting from scheduling and HR software systems, liaising with payroll vendor, and providing staffing and labour financial reports to Finance Director and CEO.
- Responsible for running our recruitment system and processes: creating job application packs & adverts, advertising on suitable platforms, creating vetting procedures for panel, arranging interviews & sourcing references and managing safer recruitment.
- Equality & Diversity Champion - drawing on best practice guidance, particularly within recruitment practices to create a more diverse team.
- Responsible for off-boarding process, conducting exit interviews for us to learn from and completing all necessary exit paperwork.
- Championing team wellbeing by tracking employee workiversaries / birthdays and delivering long service rewards, arranging team socials to a budget, creating & providing wellbeing resources eg Wellness Action Plans, reflection days, wellbeing checklists, self-care audits. Surveying staff wellbeing regularly and implementing creative ways to improve culture & staff motivation.
- Facilitating any team complaints/concerns/disciplinaries along with appropriate Line Managers to help mediate and resolve issues well.
- Responsible for providing ‘pastoral’ support to employees as required, including offering or facilitating prayer where appropriate.
- Planning and facilitating team training with either internal or external expertise
- Hosting whole team monthly team prayer & reflection meetings. Leading creative and inclusive prayer / reflection activities for teams.
- Assisting managers in the planning & delivery of supervision and training. Working with Line Managers to identify trends in employee needs and what provisions can be implemented.
- Managing the department budget efficiently and maximising the impact of resources spent.
- Driven and highly motivated with strong initiative
- Pastoral approach to Human Resources
- Extensive knowledge of HR processes & legal requirements from previous roles
- At least 3 years experience of HR, or roles with transferable expertise
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Tech-savvy, proficient with Microsoft Office, GSuite, Slack and HR software such as BreatheHR and shift scheduling apps such as Deputy.
- Personable and patient
- Able to balance new ideas and implementation
- Organised with record keeping, time-keeping, and communication
- Hard working, diligent and able to learn quickly
- Able to work independently and initiate tasks as needed; also able to work well in a team
- Flexible and able to accommodate change as Luminary grows
- Due to the role responsibilities, it is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that this person is female, and holds an active Christian faith.
- Right to work in the UK
- CIPD or equivalent accreditation
- Experience of a working in a Social Enterprise or charity sector
- Experience of the food industry
- Lived-experience of disadvantage and/or gender based violence
- Free barista coffee every day
- 20% discount off all food & drink plus family + friends discount
- 10% discount off online purchases (celebration cakes & merch)
- Free yoga/dance/wellbeing workshops where available from our partners
- Regular opportunities for training and professional development
- Wellness Action Plan developed to keep you healthy at work
- Quarterly reflection days where possible
- Quarterly staff socials
- Opportunities to be involved in press coverage of Luminary
- Long-term service rewards including merch, vouchers, increased holiday and free cake!
You can download the full application here.