We are recruiting for this NEW senior position to take on responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the business: from our front of house services to production, facilities management and everything in between. This leadership role will be integral to the ongoing growth and success of Luminary Bakery. Could this be you?
Salary: Competitive, Dependent of experience
Work Locations: Mix of Camden, Stoke Newington & WFH
Hours: 40 hours per week (including occasional weekends/infrequent antisocial hours)
Reports to: Luminary Bakery CEO
Employed by: Luminary Bakery Limited
1. Operations Management
- Implementing & managing operational processes, including an initial operations audit to ensure efficient production across all departments and that facilities operate safely in compliance with regulatory safety standards.
- Accountable for the execution of leadership strategies, including launch of new production site - always ensuring consistent and quality product while driving reliable and slick operations
- Developing a data model to monitor current & future capacity requirements that take into account future demand, proposition enhancements and cost reductions
- Responsible for business expenditure and managing all costs, including reporting to the board on cost items in P&L.
- Using existing knowledge of sector to recommend automations and efficiencies; costing out budgets & cost savings, and monitoring & reporting on expenditure against forecasts
Implementing & managing systems and technology to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency - troubleshooting systems issues
- Working with other leadership to shape the Luminary business in order to delight more customers, reduce costs and manage risks and business continuity
- Lead on change management: planning thoroughly, setting implementation plans, training / equipping staff to deliver and leading reviews post-actioning to confirm success and manage teething problems until running smoothly
- Serving as Senior Leadership, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators
- Driving metrics – introducing a performance-driven culture to measure and improve production, delivery, quality, cost, safety and morale
- Working closely with product team to ensure effective product trials and launches
Implement sustainability initiatives to improve our impact on the environment 2. Compliance
- Manage organisational risk, identifying gaps and developing strategies to mitigate risks, with support from outsourced Compliance Agency - including the management of that contract.
- To lead the Luminary teams to deliver the highest quality food safety standards throughout the factory to ensure the development of a ‘Quality’ culture. Also to ensure standards of hygiene and good housekeeping appropriate to a quality food manufacturer are maintained
- The delivery and maintenance of a safe working environment ensuring that production areas comply with legal & best practice standards
- To ensure & record team compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures (taking appropriate action where necessary)
- Responsibility for ensuring company compliance with all Health & Safety and Food Safety legislation and guidelines
- To manage Luminary‘s relationship with Facility Management Company & service providers, contracts & necessary licencing
- To be a key point of escalation and a contact for team for all issues relating to production or site operations, troubleshooting and crisis management
- Line Management of: Operations Manager and four Department Managers
- Responsible for engaging, managing and developing a team of operational staff and employees across all departments with support from People & Culture Manager.
- Maintain an appropriate team structure & staffing levels, resourced by the right number of quality people, to deliver plans with maximum efficiency - using data to monitor & report on this
- Coaching, mentoring and training Business Unit Managers to achieve department’s goals and compliment their personal development
- The delivery and ongoing development of a working environment where individuals feel able to continually challenge the status quo, embrace change consistent with the company values and are encouraged to make decisions in driving continuous improvement
- 5 years+ experience of running a complex & growing production and/or FOH operation
- Experience of multi-site operations & Evidence of managing complexities
- Skills of graduate calibre with an appropriate level of competence in critical reasoning
- Experience and/or knowledge in FMCG manufacturing. Exposure to major UK retailers and short shelf life products would be an advantage
- Appropriate certification in H&S and Food Hygiene
- Evidential competence in Performance Management, Planning & prioritising, flexibility and change management, problem solving and decision making, leadership, communicating with impact, strategic thinking, customer awareness and commercial acumen
- Experienced with logistics management and problem solving, thrives dealing with this!
- Excellent social skills and people management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with rigorous attention to detail
- A proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated approach to working and experience of multi-tasking
- Excellent time management with an ability to prioritise and plan
- Highly proficient with technology including G-Suite, MS Office, POS systems & applications for managing productivity and staffing
- Has a practical and flexible approach to work and has the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Free barista coffee each shift
- 20% discount off all food & drink plus a Family & Friends discount
- 10% discount off online purchases (celebration cakes & merchandise)
- Regular opportunities for training and professional development
- Quarterly reflection days where possible
- Opportunities to be involved in Luminary Press
- Long-term service rewards including merchandise, vouchers, increased holiday and free cake!
Please send all applications to email@example.com